Our Planning and Economic Development team within Fife Council operate under one brand called InvestFife. We are committed to creating a flexible business infrastructure for both new and growing businesses throughout Fife. At InvestFife, our aim is to ensure that Fife is the best place to do business and we support everyone throughout their investment journey.
The team at InvestFife are dedicated and responsive where we strive to create good working relationships with key business investors. This includes both new and established businesses.
As a supportive, experienced and well-connected team, we can support with the following:
- Provide a designated relationship manager as a single point of contact.
- Provide options for the best space for your business. This includes offices, co-workspaces/hubs, industrial and bespoke builds. We will check our property portfolio and connect with Agents too.
- Offer relocation advice and tours with virtual tours coming soon.
- Help with introductions to our Planning team.
- Provide support and guidance to develop major planning applications. This will offer greater certainty for applicants in terms of the process and timescales.
- Supply information on new developments and planning proposals.
- Facilitate access to finance through both local and national incentives where available.
- Support access to Opportunities Fife, a bespoke service provided via the Council’s employability team. They offer support to recruit and retain the best talent.
- Administer transportation liaison with public transport providers to establish new services.
- Facilitate with new connections and introduce you to regional sector networks.
The Business Property team manages the day-to-day facility and operational management of the business properties owned by Fife Council.
There are almost 350 industrial and office premises to lease, at locations throughout our Kingdom.
Our portfolio of property available includes business centres, terraced industrial space, food production units and headquarter offices.
We provide comprehensive and free of charge advice and support. This is from initial enquiry to commencing a lease and throughout the lease term.
Additionally, we aim to provide a quality service to all business tenants. This is done through direct liaison, building management, planned maintenance and facility service provision.
Our available portfolio can be found at Business Units for Lease
Property Investment & Development
The Property Investment and Development team undertake a range of property-related activity to support Fife Council’s Economic Development and Regeneration plans.
We lead on the acquisition, disposal and leasing of commercial land and property as well as leading on the delivery of a programme of new build and site servicing projects. This includes the delivery of investment of £50m as part of its i3 Programme under the Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Deal.
As a team, we team work closely with Scottish Enterprise. Fife Council has a strategic joint venture to secure the disposal of several strategic sites. This allows us to re-invest in essential infrastructure works.
Finally, we also support the Council’s Planning Service on planning issues related to employment land. This includes ensuring that there is an adequate supply of employment land for local businesses as well as those seeking to locate in Fife.
Recent projects include:
- Regeneration initiatives such as Queenswayand Dunnikier Business Park.
- Town Centre Regeneration Initiatives including promotion and disposal of sites for redevelopment such as that of North Street, Glenrothes. This project secured a £10million retail development undertaken by the private sector and completed in 2019.
- The team oversee the delivery of a range of capital projects funded through the Council’s capital programme as well as through external funding such as the Vacant and Derelict Land Fund and Fife Task Force.
- We also lead on securing agreements under the Scottish Government’s Tax and Incremental Financing initiatives in respect of both Energy Park Fife and Fife Interchange This supports the delivery of a range of infrastructure work in these locations.
You can find a list of these projects in Key Investment Opportunity